So I was just reading new blog posts and I came across a review of some MAC studio finish powder, I was actually intrigued by the brush she used. The blog post was from Elin likes and I liked the look of the brush she used, especially as I felt I needed/wanted a new powder brush. This lead me to look it up, and I just happened to see many other things I liked too!
The products are from e.l.f (eyes, lips, face) they seem to have great products that are super affordable.. so I decided to treat myself and try out some new products. I have not yet tried them all out, so I can't really review them fully - only a quick overview :)
1. Powder Brush: £3.75 - It is an anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush (fancy ;)) - it's sooooo soft, I've only used it for powder and it buffs your skin and helps to create a flawless look. I really can't believe it was only £3.75, definitely may buy another one for wet products (I don't really want to mix them - unless anyone can tell me that that's okay to do?) Definite recommendation!
|Powder Brush - £3.75|
2. Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush: £1.50 - 'This brush allows application on blush, bronzer and other loose powders', but I've mainly just used this for bronzer, highlighting, and blusher (when I don't use a cream blush). It isn't as soft as the powder brush, but it's still soft and does it's job. I can't complain.. especially for £1.50!
|Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush - £1.50|
3. Eye Shadow Brush: £1.50 - This is just a standard brush for applying eye shadow, I've only used it a couple times.. so far it seems okay, I think I need to use it a few more times to really tell. I do prefer my ecotools eye shading brush (from the 6 piece set) ..but that cost £15.99!
|Eye Shadow Brush - £1.50|
4. Eye Crease Brush: £1.50 - This again is such a bargain, it's really soft and is small (hence why it's for the crease), I think I need to get used to it a bit more.. but I see it being a really great brush that i'll use a lot :)
|Eye Crease Brush - £1.50|
I did go onto the website to look for the powder brush, but the prices just amazed me and I couldn't resist. Plus I didn't actually have loads of brushes so I only chose the few I thought I really needed; I could have easily bought more! I decided while I was on there, and I'd have to pay some delivery cost I thought I may as well have a look at the makeup (it is free delivery in the UK of orders over £30, but I hadn't spent that much).
1. Clarifying Pressed Powder: £1.50 - I did need some pressed powder as the one I was using had nearly ran out, and my benefit 'hello flawless' powder had broken for the second time.. so I didn't fancy buying one again. When I saw this for £1.50 I just thought why not, even if it isn't great it's cheap and it could just be my one to take when I go on nights out - so I wouldn't be fussed if I lost it, or if it broke. Surprisingly I actually quite like it, I'm sure there are a lot better powders out there, but for £1.50 I can't really complain. It comes with a powder puff - but I use the powder brush (it goes on great with it). I bought ivory as I have very light skin, obviously it was a risk buying it online as I didn't know what it really looked like - but my foundation is usually ivory so I thought it would be fine, and for the price I wasn't too fussed. It is darker than the picture online which I was glad about, as it matches my skin fine, so if you are usually ivory then it should be fine!
|Clarifying Pressed Powder - £1.50|
2. 'Peachy Keen' Blush: £3.75 - This blush is soooo cute! I usually use my benefit fine one one cream blush, but I decided to buy this anyway.. again because it was so cheap. It also has a little mirror which is really handy, especially for carrying it in a handbag. I haven't really worn this yet, I'm unsure why as just looking at it again I really like it - I've decided I'll be wearing it tomorrow! There were so many shades that I liked, but I decided to go for something a little different to more usual pink shades. When swatched it has a shimmer to it, so I think it will highlight and blush - definitely looking forward to wearing this lots in the summer!
|'Peachy Keen' Blush - £3.75|
3. Eyelid Primer: £1.50 - I'm so glad I got this, I just pop a tiny bit on and smooth it over my entire eyelid. It smoothes and prepares the eyelid for eyeshadow - even if I didn't put eyeshadow on, I think it still brightens and makes eyes look better. There is a choice of four shades, but I went for the plainest 'sheer'.
|Eyelid Primer - £1.50|
4. 32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette 'Natural': £5.00 - Now, I do love my sleek palette in 'au natural', but £5.00 for 32 eyeshadows!! ..I just couldn't resist. I don't think they are of as high pigmentation as sleek, but again I have not really used it. This is in the 'last chance' section (32 piece eyeshadow palette), so if you want it you better hurry! There were three palettes to choose from 'everyday', 'natural' or 'brights', but I just felt I would get a lot more use out of the natural palette. There's a mix of mattes and shimmers, and it also provides a mirror (bonus). Definitely may do a review on this when I've used it properly.
|32 Piece Eyeshadow Palette 'Natural' - £5.00|
5. Luscious Liquid Lipstick 'Strawberry': £1.50 - I've only used this once, but I really liked it. I think it's a cross between gloss and lipstick (if they had a baby.. it would be this). It gives the colour of lipstick, with the shine of gloss, so wearing it with a plain eye in the day will look great in the summer. It's hydrating, and the colour seems to last. However, when first using it you have to twist it a few times, I twisted it too many (as I was impatient) and it just kept coming out, but it did stop.. eventually. So if you do get this twist it a few times, wait and if nothing comes out do it again. Learn from my mistakes! ;)
|Lucious Liquid Lipstick 'Strawberry' - £1.50|
6. Nail Polish 'Mint Cream': £2.50 - I love this nail polish! It is such a cute shade, perfect for spring/summer, and the actual nail polish is great too. It's cheap, but it good quality; it dried quickly, it was on for a few days without chipping (I took it off before any chipping happened), there is high shine, and you only need 1-2 coats. So happy with this purchase - need more of these!
|Nail Polish 'Mint Cream' - £2.50|
I am soooooo glad that I went and looked at e.l.f products, everything I've tried seems like great quality, for even better prices! I also love the actual packaging, especially the blusher - lots of mirrors are provided, which is really handy. Seriously, go have a look at their website ..I know I'll be revisiting soon :)